Cataract Surgery in London
What is a Cataract?
Cataracts are a common condition that affects many people as they age. Fortunately, cataract surgery in London is a safe and effective treatment option that can help restore vision and improve quality of life.
Miss Anna Grabowska is an experienced cataract surgeon in London who provides personalised care and achieves the best possible outcomes for her patients.
About Cataract Surgery in London
Cataract surgery involves removing the cloudy lens of the eye and replacing it with an artificial lens, known as an intraocular lens (IOL). The surgery is typically performed on an outpatient basis and only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
There are several types of cataract surgery, including:
- Phacoemulsification – This is the most common type of cataract surgery. The surgeon makes a small incision in the eye and uses ultrasound waves to break up the cloudy lens. The lens fragments are then removed and replaced with an IOL.
- Extracapsular cataract surgery – This type of surgery is used for more advanced cataracts. The surgeon makes a larger incision and removes the cloudy lens in one piece. An IOL is then placed in the eye.
- Laser-assisted cataract surgery – This type of surgery uses a laser to create the incision and break up the cloudy lens. The surgeon then removes the lens fragments and places an IOL in the eye.
Miss Anna Grabowska’s Experience
Miss Anna Grabowska is an experienced consultant ophthalmologist and cataract surgeon in London. She is a member of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and has extensive experience in performing cataract surgery using the latest techniques and technologies.
Miss Grabowska graduated from Warsaw Medical University in Poland, completed her Ophthalmology training in Madrid and subspecialised in Medical Retina and Vitreoretinal Surgery at Moorfields Eye Hospital, London.
Miss Grabowska has over 14 years of experience in Ophthalmology, manages all aspects of retinal diseases and performs a wide range of vitreoretinal and cataract surgery.
She is committed to providing personalised care and achieving the best possible outcomes for her patients. She takes the time to understand each patient’s unique needs and goals and develops a customised treatment plan to meet those needs.
Miss Grabowska uses the latest techniques and technologies in cataract surgery, including femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery, to ensure the best possible outcomes for her patients. She provides comprehensive pre-operative and post-operative care to ensure optimal healing and recovery.
Miss Grabowska also has the following special interests:
- Vitreoretinal disorders
- Retinal detachment
- Macular hole
- Epiretinal membrane
- Complications of diabetic retinopathy
- Complications of anterior segment surgery
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Cataract surgery
Appointments with Miss Anna Grabowska
Cataract surgery in London is a safe and effective treatment option that can help restore vision and improve quality of life.
Miss Anna Grabowska is an experienced surgeon offering personalised care to achieve the best possible outcomes for her patients. Get in touch today to discuss your condition and book an appointment.